212 offers substantial training opportunities in Utah. All players are welcome to partake. 212 has consistently offered a strong staff at all sessions. This has shown over the years to provide a platform for boys and girls to succeed. However, we are simply providing a “canvas”. Each player must put in the work on their own time to “paint the canvas”. As time passes, the differences in ability will become apparent between those putting in the work to enhance their skills and those who do not.
Qualified 212 players will be chosen to play in tournaments. Some of the key attributes players should work towards to make our teams are below.
STICKWORK is a skill that has no finish line. Plain and simple. As a player, here are some things you should be working towards:
- Can I pass quickly and accurately overhand, sidearm and underhand? With both hands?
- Can I pass quickly and accurately without cradling?
- Can I pass quickly and accurately behind the back or out of a shovel pass?
- Can I do #’s 1-3 at 10, 15 and 20 yards?
- Can I do #’s 1-4 at full speed?
- Can I do #’s 1-5 while being checked by a defender?
- No excuse attitude
- Team first perspective
- 100% effort in all facets of the game
As always, Mike will make himself available for further discussions if necessary.