SCHEDULES, GAME DAY, ETC.
- Game time arrival – Dressed and ready to go 1 hour before first game and 30 minutes before subsequent games when possible.
- Bring nuts, granola, powerbars etc. for in between games.
- There will be water at each field, bring a large bottle for refilling.
- Bring two lacrosse sticks in case one breaks.
- Girls, bring spandex to wear under skirts.
- Casual dinner attire. There are 5 restaurants on site at the team hotel for those staying at the Renaissance Indian Wells.
- Bring swimsuit, the team hotel has a large pool.
Thank you for your patience! The 2018 Sand Storm schedule is LIVE!
- Parents and players are welcome at the Renaissance Indian Wells (click for directions) large restaurant/bar area between 7-9 pmSaturday night for an informal get together. The large open area serves dinner and drinks. There are also multiple other restaurants adjacent to this area. Same gathering as last year. See you there if you can make it.
- Empire Polo Club – 81/800 Avenue 51, Indio, CA 92201 – www.empirepoloevents.com
- SAND STORM SITE MAP: Under the Information Tab Site Map Sand Storm 2018
PARKING: Lots Open at 6:00 AM and close at 6:00 PM!! Complimentary parking!Look for Lax Tournament Parking signs & colored balloons up in the sky denoting specific lots!
- Mike Acee (UNC) Boys’ 2018 Team/Girls’ 2021 Team
- Christian Pompoco (Westminster) Boys’ 2018 Team
- Lauren Schmidt (Stanford/Team USA) Girls’ 2021 Team
- John Webster (UNC) Girls’ 2021 Team
- Andy Towers (Brown) Girls’ 2021 Team
- *Current team members please bring your “212 SELECT” uniforms. New players will receive uniforms one hour before our first scheduled game.
· Players must understand the team is above the individual, we succeed together:
“Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships”
- Please arrive dressed and ready to go 1 hour before the first tournament game and 30 minutes before subsequent games when possible.
· Players & Parents – No talking to officials.
· At each game players must line up bags in an orderly fashion. All belongings must remain in bags unless being used. Players, not Parents, are responsible for carrying their bags and are responsible for ensuring they have all their necessary equipment. Before you leave for games, be sure you have everything. Parents are not responsible for their player’s equipment.
· Be respectful and courteous to others. Those who put on a 212 jersey represent our culture and must uphold a strong code of conduct. All players are to be good sportsmen and sports women and understand that it’s a privilege to be in their position.
· Maintain a positive atmosphere in all circumstances. Encourage teammates and other 212 players and coaches. Players will always be positive to each other, congratulate each other when we succeed as a team and never place blame for team losses or mistakes. Be happy for your teammate when they do something well. Tell them they had a great game. NEVER belittle another player on this team or any other team. No matter the outcome, we win with class and we lose with class.
· At the end of each game we will always “get” our goalies, give the opposing team a cheer and look opposing players in the eyes and shake hands respectfully (helmets stay on, gloves off, line up goalie first). Players failure to conduct themselves in a respectful way on or off the field will have consequences.
· Following games, players are to clean up their belongings and any trash that may have accumulated throughout the game.
· During game play, every player must be focused and encouraging their teammates. All players must be in a line organized and ready to sub into the game. There is no sitting on the sideline or taking a knee, unless injured. Our bench is just at important as our players on the field.
· Do everything 100%. As coaches, we put our teams in the best possible position to have success. We fully expect each individual to submit themselves, regardless of the circumstance, to the best of their abilities.
· Play fast, share the ball, HAVE FUN and RESPECT THE GAME.
· Be a good teammate – we are here for each other and we expect your full commitment EVERYDAY. Thank you.